Index Thread Archive Sep-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2000Index by Author for Sep-2000Index by Date for Sep-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: 2 inches Mast.
Author: Steven Kline <klines@agcs.com>
Date: 15-Sep-2000 17:42:37
Francisco,

I have just received my C31XR and Magnum 240N. I have chosen to use a 20 foot
Chromolly mast with a .375 inch wall thickness. I am putting these antennas on
a US Tower, model HDX-572. I am using an Orion 2800 rotator to turn the
arrays. I opted for as much strength as I could afford as I may change arrays,
stacking, additions, etc. down the road. This gives me a little extra room to
play if desired. Better to error on over-engineering with all of the winds we
have here in Dallas, Texas. Hope this helps.

Cheers and Gud DX,

Steve Kline - W5JK

fev wrote:

> I will install a C-31XR and a Mag 240 N with 7 feet separation using a
> Crome Molybdenum 2 Outside Diameter Mast . The C-31XR will be so near as
> posible to the Trustbearing at the top of the Tower.The Tower will be 60
> feet high. Here in Buenos Aires wind are very seldom higher than 80 MPH.
> The Mast has a thickness of aprox 4mm .
> Is that more or less what other are using or the OD mast be bigger?.
> Thanks Francisco LU3EEC.

15-Sep-2000 Steven Kline
* 15-Sep-2000 Steven Kline
13-Sep-2000 fev