Index Thread Archive Sep-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2000Index by Author for Sep-2000Index by Date for Sep-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3 ON WARC BANDS
Author: JORGE DIEZ FUREST CX6VM <cx6vm@adinet.com.uy>
Date: 24-Sep-2000 10:35:51
Hello c3 users:

I want to know if the antenna c3 works well in 12 and 17 mts.
Those that has the antenna c3 use it in these bands?

I live in a city where I do not have antennas (the main station is on a
distant city 400 kmts of where I live) and wanted to install an
antenna with a small boom like c3 or c3s which allows me to make
DX, mainly in the bands warc.

But if I have a single antenna for the bands warc I am going away
to regret when it listens to the other bands or when there is
a small contest and I cannot participate.

The QTH is in a building of 10 floors in the city, and they allow me to
install an antenna that is relatively small.

I thank for its commentaries on if it is satisfactorily to use c3 or c3s in
12 and 17 mts or only I am going to be able to use it on 10-15-20 mts.

Is a good decition the c3 or you say that the use of the c3 for warc
bands will not be able and I must go for a warc7 or warc 2/2/1?

Another one:
I read in the HF Tribander Performance book by K7LXC & N0AX that the C3
have more gain that a C31XR on 15 mts.
Everyone have some comments???

Thanks in advance

Jorge