Index Thread Archive Sep-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2000Index by Author for Sep-2000Index by Date for Sep-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Weatherproofing 40 mtr switchbox
Author: K4OJ <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: 25-Sep-2000 17:43:19
I have had good luck with a product from a company called Geocel, it was
developed with aluminum in mind, it is a tripolymer (for whatever that is
worth) and it is self healing - if you gun a bead of it and it cures...then
cut that bead with a pen knife and stick the two amputated pieces back
together they will re-join...neat stuff...it is available in gun grade
(caulking tubes) or - they have a brush on grade which is great for
slobbering over connector boxes, etc...oh yeah - it also works underwater if
you get a leak in your row boat this will cure whilst submerged (I am not
making this up, honest!)

73,

Jim, K4OJ