Index Thread Archive Sep-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2000Index by Author for Sep-2000Index by Date for Sep-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: QUESTIONS
Author: AD6E@aol.com <AD6E@aol.com>
Date: 28-Sep-2000 11:56:55
I have a C31XR plus a two element 40 (CD40-2?) being turned by a G1000SDX . I
love this rotor. I used to have a TailTwister, but the Yaesu rotor is MUCH
better !!!

My C31 is presently fed with one coax (tribander). Be aware the feed system
is VERY sensitive and you MUST put it together exactly the way the manual
says. I made the mistake of rotating the 15 driven 45 degrees the wrong way
and it has never worked correctly. I've scheduled an antenna work day next
month to change it to three separate feeds.

Also, be careful about the WARC antenna. Keep it well away from the C31 or
the 15 meter band may get screwed up. I don't know how far away is far enough.

73, Al AD6E

In a message dated 9/28/2000 3:09:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

<< Subj: [Force 12 Talk] QUESTIONS
Date: 9/28/2000 3:09:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time
From: vsv-masa-madrid@DRAGADOS.com (Soria Valle, Virgilio)
To: Force12Talk@qth.com (Force 12 LISTA)

Hi everyone:

I´ve done my choose. I´ll erect a C31XR plus WARC7 above it. I have two
questions:

1.- The YAESU G-1000SDX is enought or not?.

2.- The C31XR may be feed for 1, 2 or 3 feedlines. ¿The performace is the
same in all cases or it varies depending the number of feedlines?

Thanks in advance

73 de EA4CQT

* 28-Sep-2000 AD6E@aol.com
28-Sep-2000 Frank C. Travanty