Index Thread Archive Oct-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Oct-2000Index by Author for Oct-2000Index by Date for Oct-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: 75 / 80m Four square installation using EF-180BV verts & Comtek box
Author: David Aslin <david@aslin.demon.co.uk>
Date: 07-Oct-2000 15:11:07
Les, I have just dismantled and sold a 2-ele phased array based on
EF180BVs. Whilst my experience may not be directly relevant to your
4-square, I can put on record that the 2ele with one-eighth wavelength
spacing worked extremely well, getting me box placings in several CQWW 80m
single band contests and 253 countries in 24 months of sporadic operating.

I used ground radials - approx 80 per vertical, most 30 feet or less long
(restricted lot space) and Lewallen phasing per ON4UN's book.

The array is now in the hands of Dave Lawley, G4BUO, so expect a big signal
from Dave in forthcoming contests!

Good luck with your 4-square. I'd appreciate a summary of any mail you
receive on the subject, as I have in mind a 4-square when I relocate to
California later this month.

73

Dave G3WGN
One of the M6T gang
G5M in ARRL DX and CQ WPX contests in 2000
W6/G3WGN from November 2000

* 07-Oct-2000 David Aslin
03-Oct-2000 Les Peters
This Author (Oct-2000)
  Subject   Date
* 75 / 80m Four square installation using EF-180BV verts & Comtek box 07-Oct-2000
80m four square completed 16-Oct-2000