Index Thread Archive Oct-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Oct-2000Index by Author for Oct-2000Index by Date for Oct-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: balun installation question
Author: Richard Thorne <rthorne@tcac.net>
Date: 11-Oct-2000 06:22:25
Hi J. :

I've built the C3 and C4XL that required 3 baluns between them.

I never did like the idea of using a cable tie to hold the balun on the boom.
I was concerned wether the black cable tie supplied would last in the sun/wx.
I ended up using electrical tape. I placed the balun on the 15m driver and
then taped either end of the balun to the boom so it would be parallel to the
boom. Be sure you tape the coax to the boom in several places. On the 40m
portion of the C4XL, I didn't tape it enough and the weight of the coax finally
caused the wire coming out of the balun to break.

A bracket of some sort would be much better. I've thought of using some pvc
t's and some hose clamps but the tape method has held up very well the last
couple of years.

--
73,
Richard Thorne

12-Oct-2000 Dale L Martin
* 11-Oct-2000 Richard Thorne
10-Oct-2000 Roger Doran
10-Oct-2000 J Sartain
This Author (Oct-2000)
  Subject   Date
40m Relay Box 20-Oct-2000
40m Relay Box Problem, solved? 20-Oct-2000
* balun installation question 11-Oct-2000
C3 series and ice buildup 11-Oct-2000