Index Thread Archive Oct-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Oct-2000Index by Author for Oct-2000Index by Date for Oct-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: 40m Relay Box
Author: JBaumgarte@aol.com <JBaumgarte@aol.com>
Date: 21-Oct-2000 21:55:49
If you have infinite SWR it could likely be that either one of the lugs on
the hairpin or possibly a lug on the wire from the box to the antenna is
broken. That happened to me on my 80 meter tuning box. The wire looked like
it was good, but one more bend and it broke off. Once replaced, normal
tuning came back. I think the plastic on the lug was holding it together. I
suspect you know that adding the box in most situations lowers the lowest SWR
point. If the antenna still "sounds" good, it must be below the band
somewhere so you're not going to be able to avoid adjusting the shorting
straps. Remember it doesn't have to be symetrical--you can do it all on one
side if it is easier. Also, when you're close you can play with the
inductors in the box for fine tuning. Good luck.

John, N0IJ

* 21-Oct-2000 JBaumgarte@aol.com
20-Oct-2000 KJ6Y@aol.com
20-Oct-2000 Richard Thorne