Index Thread Archive Dec-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Dec-2000Index by Author for Dec-2000Index by Date for Dec-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: <no subject>
Author: Ross Bogert <rosschar@home.com>
Date: 16-Dec-2000 18:01:19

I have recently installed a 40m add-on kit to my C3. Ever since I have had
RF feed back. I have used the balluns that F12 recomends, everything is
grounded in the shack. I have tried an RF choke at the rig. I have been
through my shack disconnecting 1 thing at a time trying to nail down the
culpret. Any ideas?? My rig is a Kwood TS850s, I have a Phone patch and
Rigblaster in the system.

Mark
KB9OPW
Mark...I have a KW TS450S, F12 C4@45' and today hooked up a Timewave DSP
599ZX...ALOT of feedback till I put the DSP unit on it's own DC power supply
instead of the rig's Astron 35 power supply...Also try a "zero length"
coaxial RF ground, using coaxial cable from rig to ground rod with 2 .001mf
1kv disc capacitors at each end attached between the shield and the center
conductor. To avoid ground loops RF Ground only the RF generator, nothing
else...See the Sep 1996 issue of 73 Amateur Radio Today for more info on the
coaxial ground...Good Luck and 73...Ross, KW6EZ

17-Dec-2000 Pete Smith
* 16-Dec-2000 Ross Bogert
04-Aug-2000 JOHN BOEDEKER
02-Aug-2000 JOHN BOEDEKER