Index Thread Archive Dec-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Dec-2000Index by Author for Dec-2000Index by Date for Dec-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Vertical Respons
Author: force12e <force12e@lightlink.com>
Date: 23-Dec-2000 11:40:38
Wow..........I've received over 200 responses concerning the vertical
question yesterday and the E-mails continue, most of which ask more
questions. I'll try and answer some of the questions here as it's
impossible to answer all individually while shuffling off to plates of
potato pancakes, sour cream and applesauce.

The product will be 24' tall and made of 2" or 3" diameter tubing (depending
on guyed or unguyed.) It is a true vertical dipole and will require no
ground radials to obtain a low VSWR. I^2 R losses are still an issue unless
a reflective screen, salt water or additional radials are used. Any guying
would be done with Spectra Rope or similar and included in the box. The
design would be ground mounted on a 1 7/8" stub provided by the customer.
We are looking at 80 meter versions but physics and reality keeps getting in
the way. The design has minimal visual impact, less than our V3 vertical.
Making more than one model is not attractive from a production standpoint,
however, that opinion can change if volume exceeds projections. It is not
designed as a DX'pedition antenna as we already have those
(www.force12inc.com) No traps are used!

The consensus, so far, is to do the free standing model. One advantage of
this approach is that the 2:1 VSWR bandwidth is greater.

73

Natan W6XR
Force 12 East
Ithaca, NY