Index Thread Archive Dec-2000 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Dec-2000Index by Author for Dec-2000Index by Date for Dec-2000   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: 4BA problems
Author: ik2cik Pietro <ik2cik@nopay.it>
Date: 26-Dec-2000 10:18:04
Hi Stephen,
I have a 4BA mounted 15' above a EF-420/240 with an EF-180B in the middle
aligned to boom direction. 4BA is at about at 95' from the ground and 48'
above the roof.

I have more or less the same situation on 12m.
The resonance is placed at 24.2 MHz (swr = 1:1.1). I wrote to Natan and I
sent him a wideband swr diagram; he said:
<quote> "For some reason, the 12 mtr driven element seems to be too long.
You can loosen the U-bolts on the boom to rotate the elements vertically.
Maybe this will allow you to reach the element.
Shorten each tip on the 12 mtr driver about 3". "
<unquote>

Unfortunately I wasn't in the position to to carry-out the modification and
now we are in winter time. I will do it in the spring time.

That is all so far.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody.

73 de ik2cik, Pietro