Index Thread Archive Jan-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jan-2001Index by Author for Jan-2001Index by Date for Jan-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: 5BA
Author: Scott Neader KA9FOX <ka9fox@QTH.com>
Date: 02-Jan-2001 21:58:20
At 12:00 AM 1/2/2001 -0600, JerryCatfish@aol.com wrote:
>The ice strom that hit texarkana this week destroyed my hy-gain dx-11. So now
>I am considering buying a 5BA and am looking for feedback from current users
>of this ant. Thanks Jerry KI5JA

Do you want a good testimonial for a 5BA (and Force 12 antennas in
general)? Check out the W9RPM web site:

http://www.qth.com/w9rpm

John got his license in October 1997 and made his first DX QSO in February
1998. In less than two years, John went from 0 countries to 300 countries
worked. This is from a small city lot here in the Mississippi Valley (NOT
your average DXer hilltop location) using Force 12 antennas. Stacked on a
single Rohn 55 tower, they are, top to bottom...

40 meters: Force 12 EF-240X @ 105 feet
80 meters: Force 12 EF-180C @ 97 feet
10-20 meters: Force 12 5BA @ 93 feet

Now, just 3 years after making his first DX QSO, John has an amazing 311
worked with 305 confirmed. 5 Band Worked All Zones... 9 Band
DXCC... incredible.

A living testimonial to what can be accomplished with determination, skill
and the awesome Force 12 antennas.

73 - Scott KA9FOX

Scott Neader KA9FOX (608)788-1234 / FAX (608)787-0100
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: http://www.QTH.com/Classifieds
KA9FOX Contesting & DXing Site: http://www.QTH.com/KA9FOX
QTH.com Web Hosting: http://www.QTH.com/prices
QTH.com Web Design: http://www.QTH.com/is