Index Thread Archive Jan-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jan-2001Index by Author for Jan-2001Index by Date for Jan-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C-31XR Balun ... de K8NA
Author: w4dup@juno.com <w4dup@juno.com>
Date: 12-Jan-2001 23:06:15
Oops! Sorry...I meant to address Ted's concern about the
commercial baluns failing and threw in the comments about the fringe
benefits of less wind load and fewer birds nests. You'll have to admit
birds have a tough time building in the sealed ferrite beads. This
may be scientific proof that a dumb-bunny that worries about bird nests
and wind load can stumble up on the proper balun anyway ?? The technical
studies offered on the baluns are interesting and informative however.

73 Sandy W4DUP

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:00:01 -0800 "John Petrich"
<petrich@u.washington.edu> writes:
> All,
>
> Ted's comments and questions about balun function, balun
> reliability,
> and coiled coaxial cable baluns, the "Badger" balun, are interesting

> in the antenna system. The choice of balun is not based on wind
> load,
> resistance to birds nests, or cost, but rather based on conservative
> practice to preserve the desired functional characteristics of the
> antennas.

* 12-Jan-2001 w4dup@juno.com
11-Jan-2001 John Petrich
10-Jan-2001 WA9ALS - John