Index Thread Archive Jan-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jan-2001Index by Author for Jan-2001Index by Date for Jan-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C-31XR Balun ...
Author: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: 14-Jan-2001 02:27:22
At 10:56 PM 1/13/01 -0600, Greg Gobleman wrote:
>I guess the other reason that I have not yet left the coax coil is that I
>use so many antennas on multiple frequencies. My 40m rotatable CushCraft
>gets used on just about every band with the tuner in the TS850 sometimes.
>Can't do that with a ferrite Balun on that antenna. I was kind of wondering
>about how the C4 does with the Force 12 Balun on 12 and 17 meters or if that
>was not recommended due to the need for a tuner on those bands.

I guess I don't understand why the Force 12 ferrite balun wouldn't work
with a tuner. I use my C-3Es on 12 and 17 both with the internal tuner and
with my SB-220 at ~1000 watts out. For that matter, I run ferrite bead
baluns that I built myself at the feedpoints of my 80-meter array. On 75,
the SWR is ~3:1, but I haven't fried one yet...

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database
is waiting for your input at