Index Thread Archive Jan-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jan-2001Index by Author for Jan-2001Index by Date for Jan-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C-31XR Balun ...
Author: Greg Gobleman <k9zm@frontiernet.net>
Date: 14-Jan-2001 07:58:19
Hi Pete,

Well that answers that question. I was kind of wondering how the Force 12
Balun holds up to use with the tuner on 12 and 17m. As it appears your
happy with performance it really doesn't matter if it is truly efficient or
not. I would have no way of telling I expect, unless I started seeing the
Bird drifting down.

The W1JR type Baluns are supposed to be real tough but I have yet to attempt
to abuse mine. That isn't the intent of course, to find an abusable Balun,
but to have a Balun do it's job without heating up and self destructing in
ordinary use.

I guess that I really wish that all the material ever written on the subject
of Baluns was consistent. There are several very highly respected authors
of books on the subject and they have conflicting recommendations and
results. Combine that with some of the strange things that happen to hams
all the time and it's no wonder that a bit of mystery surrounds Baluns.

73
Greg K9ZM

16-Jan-2001 Dave D'Epagnier
16-Jan-2001 Pete Smith