Index Thread Archive Jan-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jan-2001Index by Author for Jan-2001Index by Date for Jan-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: antenna interaction question
Author: Andrew Faber <andrew.faber@gte.net>
Date: 22-Jan-2001 23:32:40
Hi Force 12er's,
I have a question about antenna location and interaction. I currently
have the following setup (all Force 12):

A 65 foot tower on a hillside with the base actually about 25 feet below
my house level. On top at 65' is a 3 el 20/2 el 40, with an 80m rotatable
dipole five feet above and a small 3el 10/3 el 15 five feet above that.

I would like to mount a small tribander like a C3S on the tower fixed NE
for use a second radio antenna. Assuming I don't care about operating it as
a stack with the tower-top antennas, I'm wondering how close to the 65'
level I can put the hypothetical C3S without interacting with the other
antennas. I assume that as a second radio antenna, higher would be better.

I'd appreciate any advice from the antenna mavens on this reflector.

Thanks and 73,
Andy, AE6Y

23-Jan-2001 Hakan Linderhed
23-Jan-2001 Barry Kirkwood
23-Jan-2001 David Curtis B
* 22-Jan-2001 Andrew Faber
This Author (Jan-2001)
  Subject   Date
* antenna interaction question 22-Jan-2001