Index Thread Archive Jan-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jan-2001Index by Author for Jan-2001Index by Date for Jan-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: antenna interaction question
Author: Hakan Linderhed <sm5jbm@swipnet.se>
Date: 23-Jan-2001 16:11:04
----- Original Message -----
From: Curtis, David B <david.b.curtis@intel.com>
To: Andrew Faber <andrew.faber@gte.net>; <Force12Talk@qth.com>
Sent: den 23 januari 2001 18:05
Subject: RE: [Force 12 Talk] antenna interaction question

> 2. A few months ago I spent some serious time with YT (Dean Straw's Yagi
> Terrain, included with ARRL Antenna Book) looking at antenna heights
> illuminating sloping forground, which I assume is your situation out where
> you live. Higher isn't always better (according to the computer model). Or
> at least enough better to justify lots of work & $$. And it is certainly
> true that there are sweet spots and poor spots when you have sloping
> foreground. If your terrain slopes downward nicely to the NE, you might
> find that 45 or so feet is a great spot for a fixed 2nd radio tribander.
> You might do some quick analysis with YT... the price is certainly right.
>
> 73, Dave N6NZ

Hi

Just a quick, somewhat related, question: Does anybody know if the YT included
with the latest (19th) edition of the Antenna Book is newer than the version
included with the 18th edition (YT 2.0 - 1997) ?

73, Hawk SM5JBM and SM5G

* 23-Jan-2001 Hakan Linderhed
23-Jan-2001 Barry Kirkwood
23-Jan-2001 David Curtis B
22-Jan-2001 Andrew Faber
This Author (Jan-2001)
  Subject   Date
* antenna interaction question 23-Jan-2001