Index Thread Archive Jan-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jan-2001Index by Author for Jan-2001Index by Date for Jan-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Magnum 240N
Author: Pat Thurman <thurman@primenet.com>
Date: 27-Jan-2001 13:36:42
fev wrote:

> I am in the way to install this antenna (Mag240N) and I dont find in the
> Assembly instructions Manual the information about the approximate
> attachment point above the boom for the truss cable . I need this
> information to calculate the length of the mast.
> Thanks Francisco LU3EEC.

Francisco,
I think we are supposed to find the height on the mast by feel. The manual
says the length of the truss cable is factory set, and later (pg10), it says
to "finish rasising the cable upwards until the boom has only a slight
downward bow to it". Natan told me to allow about three feet of mast. Since
the exact attachment point on the boom is so vague, I guess the same goes for
the exact height on the mast. I'll find out shortly, when I get mine
assembled <g>

Good Luck!
--
73, Pat K7KR