Index Thread Archive Feb-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Feb-2001Index by Author for Feb-2001Index by Date for Feb-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: EF-240X on 12 Meters
Author: Charles T. Allen <allencpa@sat.net>
Date: 24-Feb-2001 16:06:36
I recently made the discovery that my EF-240X loads on 12 meters with a VSWR
of better than 1.35. I thought that, even so, it wouldn't have much of a
radiation pattern. But, just for the heck of it, I tried, and worked, D68C
and 3D2CI on 12 meter CW, and 3D2CI on 12 meter SSB. Okay, yes, I used the
Alpha 91B.

The antenna is at 90 feet, about 12 feet below a C-19XR. The tower is a
guyed Rohn 45G with steel guy wires.

I'm not ready to forget about installing a real 12 meter yagi, but it's nice
to know that there is a backup in emergencies. Such as 3D2CI (the last one
I needed except for P5).

Anyone else had this experience with the EF-240X?

73 de Chas W5DV

* 24-Feb-2001 Charles T. Allen
This Author (Feb-2001)
  Subject   Date