Index Thread Archive Feb-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Feb-2001Index by Author for Feb-2001Index by Date for Feb-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Rivets & smaller antennas
Author: JBaumgarte@aol.com <JBaumgarte@aol.com>
Date: 27-Feb-2001 09:23:53
Since I have been considering the purchase of a Force 12 antenna, I read
> with trepidation the comments of owners who have experienced this "fallout"
> problem.  Is it possible to replace the factory installed rivets with nuts
> and bolts?  I wonder if it would be wise to do that prior to installing the
> antenna?
>
> Tom, AC8A

Is anyone having this problem with the smaller antenas?  I have had 2 C3's, 1
C4, 1 C31XR, and 2 different 80 mtr rotatables including the large 180C (84')
and I have NEVER had any "fallout" and I am up here in northern MN with lots
of high winds, snow, and ice.  I have drilled out and replaced dozens of
rivets in these antenas in the course of tuning.  Not that I haven't fealt
like a "beta" sight at times with some other problems, but nothing has fallen
apart.  EVerything is currently working great!  (4.5MM points ARRLCW from the
blackest of black holes--M/2)

John, N0IJ
Duluth, MN

01-Mar-2001 Kathy and Jürgen Nittner