Index Thread Archive Mar-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Mar-2001Index by Author for Mar-2001Index by Date for Mar-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Rivets
Author: Andrew Williamson <andrew@gi0nwg.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: 01-Mar-2001 07:28:37
In message <E14XlBt-0004H7-00.2001-02-27-14-33-34@imailg2.svr.pol.co.uk>
, Richard Thorne <rthorne@tcac.net> writes
>Dito here. I have a C4XL and C3. Both have been in the air for at least 3
>years.
>
>No problems. The antennas get hit by ice at least once a year and constant
>winds here in Amarillo weekly.
>
>Pete Smith wrote:
>
>> At 05:30 AM 2/27/01 -0500, Tom Brown wrote:
>> >Since I have been considering the purchase of a Force 12 antenna, I read
>> >with trepidation the comments of owners who have experienced this "fallout"
>> >problem. Is it possible to replace the factory installed rivets with nuts
>> >and bolts? I wonder if it would be wise to do that prior to installing the
>> >antenna?
>>
>> Tom, I am on my 3d F12, and have all 3 still up in the air. They are all
>> the standard-duty models, and I have had ZERO problem with any rivets in 4
>> years.
>>
>> 73, Pete N4ZR
>> Contesting is!

I'm not saying all F12 antennas exhibit this problem, but have you been
up the tower to check the elements lately? The first you know of the
problem is when the element starts rotating on the boom. Your rivets
could be loose but not yet failed.

Andrew Williamson GI0NWG / AC6WI
Homepage = http://www.gi0nwg.freeserve.co.uk/

One of the ZL9CI gang
http://www.qsl.net/zl9ci/

01-Mar-2001 Andrew Williamson
01-Mar-2001 Pete Smith
01-Mar-2001 K7LXC@aol.com
01-Mar-2001 Dale L Martin
01-Mar-2001 J. Edward \ Ed\ Muns
01-Mar-2001 Roger Huntley
01-Mar-2001 Pete Smith
01-Mar-2001 Tyler Stewart
* 01-Mar-2001 Andrew Williamson
01-Mar-2001 Andrew Williamson
01-Mar-2001 Andrew Williamson
01-Mar-2001 Alan H. Robinson
27-Feb-2001 Richard Thorne
27-Feb-2001 dan r goddard
27-Feb-2001 Pete Smith
27-Feb-2001 WilDJ7AA
27-Feb-2001 Tom Brown
27-Feb-2001 WilDJ7AA
27-Feb-2001 K7LXC@aol.com
This Author (Mar-2001)
  Subject   Date
Good rivet and mount performance during hurricane winds on my C51XR/H 01-Mar-2001
Rivets 01-Mar-2001
* Rivets 01-Mar-2001
Rivets 01-Mar-2001
Rivets 01-Mar-2001