Index Thread Archive Mar-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Mar-2001Index by Author for Mar-2001Index by Date for Mar-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Sigma 40 Vertical
Author: KEN SILVERMAN <k2kw@prodigy.net>
Date: 10-Mar-2001 10:15:30
If any of you worked 6Y8A from Feb 26-Mar 5, then you worked the DXpedition
version of the Sigma-40 (16' tall). We actually ran a 2 element array
(parasitic) beaming the USA, and we did have the advantage of being right on
the ocean (greatly enhances vertical performance).

The unit was very easy to assemble, and tuning was quick and easy. Much
easier than setting up the experimental 40m ZR's I have used, and easier
than a quarter wave vertical with *elevated* radials.

Quality and performance is what you would expect - excellent. But then
again, I'm a bit biased towards Force 12 :-)

Kenny K2KW
Force 12 DXpedition Coordinator

P.S. I just got a message from Mike, K6AJ who is also using a Sigma-40 from
California. We had the first Sigma-40 to Sigma-40 QSO while I was in
Jamaica. Mike is having a blast working EU from California while running
barefoot with the Sigma-40. That is no small feat!