Index Thread Archive Mar-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Mar-2001Index by Author for Mar-2001Index by Date for Mar-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3SS pictures?
Author: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: 21-Mar-2001 06:46:29
At 05:33 AM 3/21/01 -0600, K0XM wrote:
>Neil,
>Mine is on a temporary 30 ft crank up tower, and I will take one today and
>email it to you.
>While we are one the subject, has anyone side mounted a C3SS on 25G as part
>of a stack?
>I am putting up 70-80 ft of 25G and am planning on getting a C4XL for the
>top, and would like to put the C3SS at 40ft on some kind of rotor. It is a
>great of antenna, and would like to keep it up in the air as part of a
>stack.

Presuming that the space between the 15 meter driven element and the 10
meter reflector is >30 inches or so, you should be able to do it
mechanically -- the tricky part will be trimming the feedlines so that it
is properly phased with the C4XL, which has its somewhat different driven
element cell in the center, not at the end of the boom. You might be
better off just swapping it for a C-3, which has the same driven element
cell as the C-4XL, though you will still have a physical offset to contend
with. There's at least one person on the reflector who has successfully
stacked a C-4XL above a C-3, so let's invite him to enlighten us all on
what the solution is...

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database
is waiting for your input at
http://www.qsl.net/n4zr

21-Mar-2001 Ron Arnett
* 21-Mar-2001 Pete Smith
21-Mar-2001 Chuck Kraly
21-Mar-2001 Neil Carr
This Author (Mar-2001)
  Subject   Date
C-4SXL 07-Mar-2001
* C3SS pictures? 21-Mar-2001
C4SXL 04-Mar-2001
EF-420/240 04-Mar-2001
EF240S and C3 spacing? 16-Mar-2001
Rivets 01-Mar-2001
Rivets 01-Mar-2001
Rope or not.... K7LXC's query 27-Mar-2001