Index Thread Archive Mar-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Mar-2001Index by Author for Mar-2001Index by Date for Mar-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3SS pictures?
Author: Ron Arnett <arnettr@onr.com>
Date: 21-Mar-2001 07:28:06
I have a stack of three Force 12 tribanders on a 100 ft Rohn 45 tower. A
C4XL is at the top, a C3E at 66 ft and a C3E at 33 ft. All are "D" models.
Phasing is done with a Stackmatch. The phasing line to the C4XD is
approximately 4 feet longer to compensate for the driven element being
about 5 feet ahead of the two C3Es (easy to calculate using the coax
velocity factor, Jay at WX0B will help).

Works FB with all three in phase, any two in phase and each alone. The
lower two are mounted on side mounts made by Custom Metal Works. Very Heavy
Duty. The C3s have enough room for side mounting on Rohn 45 so they would
be fine for Rohn 25.

If it were me, I would swap the C3SS for a C3 or C3E/D. Be sure to model
the spacing to optimize the gain. Good luck!

Ron Arnett
N5XD

* 21-Mar-2001 Ron Arnett
21-Mar-2001 Pete Smith