Index Thread Archive Apr-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Apr-2001Index by Author for Apr-2001Index by Date for Apr-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3SS question
Author: w4dup@juno.com <w4dup@juno.com>
Date: 14-Apr-2001 18:05:05
Measure from the boom side. I put my C4E on 30 mtrs instead of 40 but the
text on mine reads: D. Initial settings for approximately 7.050
MHz are: Jumper from center insulator = 14". By the way my linear
loaded dipole is the EF140S which had to shorten to the SS specs due to
close proximity to a tree. The measurement is ONLY a starting point. On
my 30 mtr version I wound up with 33" from the center spreader
(insulator near the boom) to the tuning jumper. They don't really talk
about it much, but you can use the same antenna for 30 mtrs, with the 18"
spreader or 40 mtrs with the 48" spreader. If you have access to an
antenna tuner to take up the tower it sure makes it a lot easier. I had
to tilt the boom down in line with the tower to do my tuning due to mine
being out so far from center. Good luck on it! I love mine on 30 mtrs.
73 Sandy W4DUP

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 13:50:55 -0500 n9qqk@urbancom.net writes:
> I sent this question to Natan, and then thought that I should ask
> the entire list.
>
> I'm assembling a C3-SS, and am uncertain about the linear
> side of the plastic support. Or do I measure from the end of the

> support)?
>
> Tnx,
>
> Ron - N9QQK

> Force12Talk Message Archive: