Index Thread Archive May-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2001Index by Author for May-2001Index by Date for May-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C36XR vs C39XRN
Author: James W. Fisher, Jr. <74237.2073@compuserve.com>
Date: 23-May-2001 08:27:30
Fabio--

I have 2 C51XRNs, which I converted from C51XR-Hs. As I believe is also
the case with the C36XR/C39XRN, the significant difference is the move to
the larger and improved "N" series 40M elements, with the driven element
now moved up into the "triband" section. (There is also an additional 15M
element on the C51XRN vs XR-H.)

Although the previous version worked well for me, I am glad I went to the
"N" series. The gain increase would probably be hard to measure, but
tuning is easy and bandwidth is great and the elements look even stronger
to withstand the hurricane winds and ice loads we experience on the cliff
in Nova Scotia.

The stack of 2ea '51s and a C31XR-H in the middle is also performing
wonderfully. The equivalent for the C36/39 would be a 2- or 3-stack with
the C19XR, which we know is a fine triband performer.

OTOH, the antennas are pretty large, including turning radius as well as
weight and wind load; these may be factors in your case depending on what
you can do for tower and clearance, and I assume the '36 is lighter.
smaller, and has a smaller turning radius.

73 es GL,

Jim, VE1JF

Message text written by "Schettino Fabio"
>Which are the real difference between C36XR and C39XRN ?

I am looking for these info, also in the web Brouchure, but non really
found.

I am interested to evaluate which antenna purchase, because I can found
a C36XR of second hand.<

23-May-2001 force12e
23-May-2001 Larry Stowell
* 23-May-2001 James W. Fisher, Jr.