Index Thread Archive Jun-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jun-2001Index by Author for Jun-2001Index by Date for Jun-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C31XR input....
Author: Frank C. Travanty <w9jcc@juno.com>
Date: 19-Jun-2001 07:59:10
Don,
I turn my C31 with a Yaesu 2800. The only rotor related problem I've had
was sheering the bolt that pins the mast to the rotor clam shell in two
places after a very severe windstorm that lasted 6 hours.This was after I
had the antenna up only one month. No other mechanical problems after ~
3years.
If you go with the single feed line the adjustment can be tricky between
15M & 20 M. There were several notes on this in previous F12 reflectors
about a year ago.
As for operation, 10M & 15M are outstanding and 20M is very good. I only
have mine up 58 feet.
Frank W9JCC

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 20:54:12 -0700 thaxton@ptgroup.com writes:
> I finally have the room to do a "real tower"...) I have a F12
> C3SS
> that has done great service for me but I'd like to upgrade to the
> C31-
> XR model. Are those of you that own this model happy with
> performance? Has your SWR stayed constant? How has it held
> up under various weather conditions. Any feedback and
> suggestions would be very appreciated. This new addition will be
> going on a Trylon 56' tower in N. Colorado. Will a Yaesu 800sdx
> be sufficient to handle this antenna or should I bump up to a larger
>
> rotor, i.e. 2800sdx, big boy 61, etc.
>
> Respectfully,
>
> Don Thaxton
> N0FGK