Index Thread Archive Jul-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jul-2001Index by Author for Jul-2001Index by Date for Jul-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3 v.s. C19XR
Author: Anthony O'Rourke <ei2hy@arrl.net>
Date: 25-Jul-2001 00:37:35
Hi Richard,
I done exactly that a few months
ago when the winch rope snapped on my tower causing the sections to collapse
into each other (ouch) and damaging my C3 that gave me excellent performance
for four years! I noticed a difference in the f/b straight off with the
C19XR being a lot "sharper" and "peaky" but the main difference are the
extra elements on 10m they really kick some! So overall a slight increase in
forward gain, definitely a big difference with side and back-to-front ratios
but outstanding on 10m; my only regret is that the neighbours might not have
allowed me my first choice the C31XR hi!

73 de Anthony --EI2HY

25-Jul-2001 Les Peters
* 25-Jul-2001 Anthony O'Rourke
24-Jul-2001 Richard Thorne