Index Thread Archive Aug-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Aug-2001Index by Author for Aug-2001Index by Date for Aug-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Rivet hole alignment problems--SOLVED!
Author: Paula M. Uscian <netlaw@interaccess.com>
Date: 05-Aug-2001 12:44:25
First, I want to thank everyone who took the time to reply to my post. You
guys are great, and the response I received to my plight was overwhelming,
and in the traditional ham radio spirit.

Now, the good news: a few of you suggested that I try switching the ends
around of the pieces I was trying to assemble and see if the holes lined up
then--and lo and behold, they did! Every single time. I am just about done
assembling (rivets and all) the 6 elements of the underlying C-3S before
moving onto the two 40M elements of the C-4SXL.

I feel almost sheepish explaining this, as typically I do check things a
number of ways before raising a flag. I did try some of the A side pieces on
the B side (almost sounds like 45 RPM records--dating myself!), which a few
of you also suggested. But it was counterintuitive for me to put the swagged
end the other way, so I didn't try, but that was the solution.

Understanding the concern my post raised, I also want to emphasize that
every single hole has lined up as advertised--I don't want Force 12 to get a
bad rep for no good reason (let it be a good reason ;-)).

This method of assembly does beat the painstaking measure and bolt process.
I spent many a steamy summer night after work putting together a TH7.

Many thanks again to all who responded and shared their experience.

73, K9IR

05-Aug-2001 Roger Huntley
* 05-Aug-2001 Paula M. Uscian
This Author (Aug-2001)
  Subject   Date
40M reflector build questions--Part 2 13-Aug-2001
40M reflector construction Qs 12-Aug-2001
Rivet hole alignment problems 04-Aug-2001
* Rivet hole alignment problems--SOLVED! 05-Aug-2001
test of attachment error message 04-Aug-2001
What lubrication for boom pieces? 05-Aug-2001