Index Thread Archive Aug-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Aug-2001Index by Author for Aug-2001Index by Date for Aug-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: (no subject)
Author: Shadow Dark <shaddark@hotmail.com>
Date: 11-Aug-2001 23:24:06
Wonder if a few guys could tell me why my multi-band vertical shows a drop
in the SWR when it rains heavy. The SWR is nominal when dry,would it be
possible that a lot more radials on the ground would emulate wet weather
conditions.........? ?
Why I was asking is that I am considering placing the vertical up on the
garage roof,and thought the thought " Will I need to move my radials up
there on the roof, or maybe I can use the roof as the radials replacement,or
do I need the radials up there as well as they are the correct length etc
etc......
I realise that I can go ahead and try it out to find out for myself, but I
work night shift and dont have much spare time,and thought that maybe some
one could give me a short cut with the relevent information. Just thought
it would be good to know in advance the possibilities of having radials up
there and not having them up there
Would the large area of roof area cause more problems than what it is worth
? Is it crucial for the radials to be the correct length for each frequency
etc etc....... I have read a
few magazines and books but they don't really talk about many verticals
being placed on roof-tops and whether or not they use correct length radials
for each frequency etc......
Many thanks ZL1PJB New Zealand

05-Jun-2002 Mike Kasrich
* 11-Aug-2001 Shadow Dark