Index Thread Archive Aug-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Aug-2001Index by Author for Aug-2001Index by Date for Aug-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Force 12 C4EXL Directivity on 17 and 12 Meters
Author: Bill Roberts - K8DXX <k8dxx@home.com>
Date: 20-Aug-2001 19:19:35
I own the above antenna, having it mounted at a modest 40 feet on a LARGE
Glen Martin roof tower. So far, it has exceeded my expectations. However,
I am uncertain about its directivity on 17 and 12 meters. Sometimes, when I
point the antenna at a station (based on bearings given by LOGic 5.3), the
signal goes up, as expected. Other times, it goes down on both transmit and
receive. The results on 17 especially have been such a mixed bag that I can
not attribute this behavior to QSB, angle of the incoming signal, whatever.
In other words, I am talking about a variety of conditions and still, no
consistent behavior.

Any ideas. Thanks.

Bill Roberts
K8DXX

* 20-Aug-2001 Bill Roberts - K8DXX
This Author (Aug-2001)
  Subject   Date
* Force 12 C4EXL Directivity on 17 and 12 Meters 20-Aug-2001