Index Thread Archive Aug-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Aug-2001Index by Author for Aug-2001Index by Date for Aug-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C-3SS
Author: Jeff Stai WK6I <jstai@home.com>
Date: 22-Aug-2001 11:43:06

hi Jim - If you can handle the price, the F12 tower is nice - I bought one because
I plan to use it portable someday - two people can move it no problem - it cranks
up and down easily using a medium power drill (lightweights won't do it) or a hand
crank - I have a C3SS and a 5-element 6m antenna on mine with a Yaesu rotator - you
do have to either use the X-base or set a footing with bolts to hold the base.

I would think a telescoping mast might be a little too light weight for the C3SS
plus a rotator - but it depends on the mast I guess - I would probably play it safer
and guy it in two places just to be sure - I would be concerned about high winds up
your way!

73 es GL - jeff wk6i

At 12:43 PM 8/21/01, IronmanY2k wrote:
>Has anyone mounted a C-3SS on a telescoping mast section? I was wondering if it would be good to mount the mast against the house and go up another 15' from the house with guying the mast at the top. Any ideas, recommedations or comments would be welcomed.
>
>tnx, 73
>Jim, AD6WL
>
>ad6wl@arrl.net

jeff stai
radio stuff: WK6I in DM13
rocket stuff: NAR #21059 TRA #3356 Level 2 Cert.
email: jstai@home.com or wk6i@arrl.net
ROC web page: http://www.rocstock.org/
LDRS web page: http://www.ldrs20.org/

23-Aug-2001 Chris Adams