Index Thread Archive Sep-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2001Index by Author for Sep-2001Index by Date for Sep-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Antennas and Tower.
Author: IronmanY2k <IronmanY2K@triathlete.com>
Date: 05-Sep-2001 18:31:41
Hello all,
I have some qusetions concerning antenna and tower configurations.

I have a chance to get a US tower TMM-433HD. The tower has a height of 33'w/o Mast and can handle 24 sq. ft. at 50mph.

So I would like to put up a C-4SXL (40-10meter beam)and a EF-180S 80/73mtr Rotated dipole, and finally a small 6 meter beam. The total would be about 14sq. ft.

My questions are:
1. Does this seem like a good configuration? Is there enough height for these antennas. I live in the desert so there is pleanty of space and clearance, my main concern is will an 80mtr dipole work at that height?

2. How would the antennas be arranged? C-4SXL on bottom then EF-180S in middle and then the 6mtr on top or should it be the other way around?

3. Finally, since there are 4 feed lines should I use some kind of switchbox at the tower or just run 4 cables to a manual switchbox in the shack?

Any advice recommendations or comments are very welcomed and greatly appreciated by me.

73, Jim
AD6WL

P.S. I will be working with my club for the special event station this weekend for Route 66. Callsign is K6H in Barstow, CA. Give us a call.

06-Sep-2001 force12e
06-Sep-2001 Allan Henry Kaplan
* 05-Sep-2001 IronmanY2k
This Author (Sep-2001)