Index Thread Archive Sep-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2001Index by Author for Sep-2001Index by Date for Sep-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Antennas and Tower.
Author: force12e <force12e@lightlink.com>
Date: 06-Sep-2001 14:30:06
Hi Jim,

The EF180S will work as well as a horizontal dipole at that height,
which is very low in terms of wavelength. Under direct reply to you,
I've sent a copy of a good program you can use to see exactly where the
energy is going to go on 80 at that height.

The best arrangement from my perspective would be the C4SXL at the
thrust bearing, the EF180S about 6' above, but turned to parallel the
boom on the C4SXL. The six meter antenna can be put on the top.

I can't express an opinion about the worthiness of your tower to support
this aluminum project, but Steve K7LXC has offered sage advice.

73

Natan W6XR/2