Index Thread Archive Sep-2001 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2001Index by Author for Sep-2001Index by Date for Sep-2001   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: MAG 340N Tuning question?
Author: Pat Thurman <thurman@primenet.com>
Date: 08-Sep-2001 12:40:19
Hi all,
I'm putting up my first MAG 340N. The manual suggests tuning the
elements individually from 30' up. It doesn't say if they must be
attached to the boom or not, so I called the factory friday but the
person I spoke with wasn't sure if I could just hoist up each element or
not. Tom was out of town at the convention and won't be back till
tuesday.

I'd like to get this thing tuned up this weekend if possible... Soooo.
Does anyone know if it's correct to tune each element individually with
the element-boom plates attached, but not in the presence of the boom?

A side question is that I noticed that the linear loading wires were
very loosely supported by the Lexan insulator at the ends. The factory
person said to seal the gaps with Silicone. Would it hurt to use a
number of wraps of electrical tape around the element so the Lexan
insulator can snug up firmly on the tape before attempting to use the
silicone? Or does the silicone do a good enough job of preventing the
slop that it's unnecessary to use the tape?
--
73, Pat K7KR

10-Sep-2001 Pat Thurman
08-Sep-2001 Pat Thurman