Index Thread Archive Apr-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Apr-2002Index by Author for Apr-2002Index by Date for Apr-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Advice on Re-doing My Antennas
Author: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@erols.com>
Date: 16-Apr-2002 21:15:15
I've finally collected everything I need to re-do my small lot
(micro-pistol) roof set-up.

I'm replacing my 6 ft. quadpod roof tower with a somewhat
unconventional 10 footer (an older, refurbished TET model that
has a 4 foot base as a quadpod and a 6 foot, 4 sided, 6" face top
section
that will need to be guyed).

The tower is kinda funky looking, hard to describe.
The vertical section is just that...thrust bearing on top, rotor
shelf to the second-to-the-bottom shelf. Total height is 6'5".

This bolts to the bottom part, of which there are four of the
pieces in the picture. It's 4'9" tall, for a total height of
11.5 feet. It looks like this:

_____ <- thrust bearing
| |
| |
| |
| | <-- rotor shelf (abt 5 ft below the top)
| |
----- <-- sections bolt together here
/ \
/ \

Base width is 3'3"

My plan is to put the C3-SS up 4 or so feet over the thrust bearing.
I have a F12 rotatable dipole (actually, a C3->C4 expansion
kit), and want to put that above the C3-SS.

The questions are:
-what's the recommended material for guying?
-how high do I put the rotatable dipole over the tribander?
-does the rotatable dipole go perpendicular or parallel to
the tribander elements?
-does the rotatable dipole need a balun?

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC

17-Apr-2002 VR2BrettGraham
* 16-Apr-2002 Eric Rosenberg
This Author (Apr-2002)
  Subject   Date
* Advice on Re-doing My Antennas 16-Apr-2002