Index Thread Archive May-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for May-2002Index by Author for May-2002Index by Date for May-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Force12 C31XR SWR Problem
Author: Jim Dunbar <jdunbar28@mchsi.com>
Date: 11-May-2002 11:30:33
Hello,

I have been using a Force 12 C31XR with very good results at 100 feet.

Recently, I noticed that my SWR climbed up to 5 : 1 on all three bands.

I have semi rigid feedline going up the tower, and then I have a 15 foot run
of flexible RG-8 coax between the semi-rigid feedline and the Force 12 balun
that is mounted to the boom.

Initially, I noticed that the two parallel feed wires between the balun and
the coil were touching each other. So I climbed up the tower and separated
them to the original spacing which was about 1/2 to 1 inch.

However, I am still experiencing the high SWR on all three bands.

The only two areas that I suspect are either the 15 foot run of RG-8 coax
between the semi-rigid coax and the balun, or possibly the balun itself.

Is it possible that do to a nearby lightning storm or just plain failure,
that my balun may have gone bad?? I do not see any visible damage, however,
the balun is sealed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim