Index Thread Archive Jun-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jun-2002Index by Author for Jun-2002Index by Date for Jun-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Balun for C4XL?
Author: wa9als <wa9als@starband.net>
Date: 24-Jun-2002 19:41:00
> Thats a good point Jim. I had bought just a regular old balun for my C3-SS
> and after reading the manual when building it, I saw that it recommended
the
> Force 12 B-1 balun... So I sent the regular balun I bought back to AES and
> bought the balun from Force 12. Never had a problem since putting the
> antenna back in Sept 2001. So Mel, if the expense of $45 dont bother you
for
> a good balun, get the B-1 for your C-4....... The B-1 will handle the
legal
> limit if you are using an amplifier, but I think up to 2500 watts. You
cant
> go wrong using what Force 12 recommends.
>
> Carleton - AA6GZ

Amen! I would've recommended the B-1 earlier only I wasn't sure it was used
for the C-4. I use it on my C31XR, and it's taken 1000-1500W RTTY
contesting for hours at a time as well as 3 Indiana winters. No problem,
Same excellent SWR as the day I put it up! GL - 73

* 24-Jun-2002 wa9als
24-Jun-2002 Carleton Reed
24-Jun-2002 Jim Brannigan
24-Jun-2002 Mel Whitten