Index Thread Archive Jun-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jun-2002Index by Author for Jun-2002Index by Date for Jun-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Chirp-Chirp
Author: =?iso-8859-1?Q?KJ=D8M?= <kj0m@mchsi.com>
Date: 27-Jun-2002 15:26:52
At 3:55 PM -0400 6/27/02, Henry Heidtmann wrote:

>This is nuts-
>But I have to say it happened to me as well-
>Last week, with a high humidity day and thunderstorms approaching (but not
>imminent), my wife came in the house saying there was a woodpecker
>or some other
>bird on my C3E at 68', but that she couldnt see it. I went out, saw nothing.
>But heard the clicking of some sort. Thinking it was the rotor, I went to the
>shack, unplugged everything, including the rotor and power supplies (coax was
>already disconnected) a STILL heard it- I climbed 20' up the tower and it was
>still there- I went in to take a phone call, cam out 10 minutes later, and it
>was gone- I wrote it off to some insect? but now I'm not so sure----
>Anyone else?
>Henry, N4VHK
>Winston-Salem, NC

Years ago, I heard it while laying on the ground in the back yard,
watching an approaching thunderstorm. I had an HDBX-48 tower up with
a Wilson tribander on it. The storm was close enough to hear distant
thunder, but there was really no local lightening at the time. It
scared me to the point I went in the house. Laying on the ground 30
feet from the tower with all that clicking was unnerving. I fully
expected lightening to strike, although it never did. I know I
couldn't have climbed the tower, HI!

Jim
KJØM

28-Jun-2002 VR2BrettGraham