Index Thread Archive Jul-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jul-2002Index by Author for Jul-2002Index by Date for Jul-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Shunt feed
Author: Bob Marzari <w3pt@itech.net>
Date: 06-Jul-2002 18:41:31
Hello!

I would like to shunt feed my tower for 160 and 75 meter DX windows.

I am using a 72 foot U.S. Tower with the motor drive. The antennas consist
of a 20 foot mast above the 72 foot tower with a Mag 620 at 73 feet. At the
top is a Force12 4BA at 92 feet. On top of that is a static depressor ball
consisting of 150 S-Steel tines a foot long. In between the two HF yagis is
an EF-606.

Also, I have a Barker and Willamson folded dipole in an inverted vee fashion
at the 72 foot level.

The feed lines run down the outside of the tower in stand-offs. As does the
rotor cable.

What do I have to consider with these feed lines since they are outside the
tower?

I raise and lower my tower each time I use it. "Once or twice a day as the
winds are unpredictable here."

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

73, Bob