Index Thread Archive Jul-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jul-2002Index by Author for Jul-2002Index by Date for Jul-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: AC Voltage from Antenna
Author: Michael S. Mitchell, W6RW <w6rw@earthlink.net>
Date: 24-Jul-2002 17:15:20
Hi.....we just installed an EF-130, a 4BA and a 620/340NZ at my
QTH......I live relatively close to some high voltage power lines and
during the installation we noticed that the antennas were "hot" with a
little bit of electricity. We have measured 7.8 volts of AC on the 20
meter feedline and on the 17/15 feedline. We have also measured that
there is no voltage at all on the 40, 30 or on the 12/10 feedlines.....I
presume that this is true because these antennas have feeding
arrangements that look like a "short" at 60 cycles.

I am afraid to connect either of the 2 "hot" feedlines to my radios for
fear of damage to them. Has anybody else experienced this and does
anybody have any suggestions for me.

Tnx es 73 de Mike/W6RW

28-Jul-2002 Guy Olinger, K2AV
28-Jul-2002 Pete Smith