Index Thread Archive Jul-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jul-2002Index by Author for Jul-2002Index by Date for Jul-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C31XRs in SO2R ???
Author: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: 29-Jul-2002 13:11:14
At 11:36 AM 7/29/02 -0400, K2AV wrote:
>Pete, I have an EZNEC 3 C31XR stack model if you want to run it and
>play around with it.

I think you gave me yours already, Guy -- thanks.

I differ to some degree with respect to the point-source issue and TA
(though I mainly use YT -- I believe TA and YT are different
implementations of the same algorithm). When this issue first surfaced on
the reflector a few months ago, I did some tests, and they seemed to
indicate that the anomalies don't arise except at spacings far closer than
anything we'd even consider.

One reason for using YT (particularly the former) to evaluate stacks is
that it gives you the ability to compute a figure of merit for the antenna
on a given band vis-a-vis a particular target area, such as Europe from
here. This way you can quantify statements like "favoring 20 at the
expense of 15 and 10." Unfortunately, I'm not aware of the existence of
arrival angle statistics for the Cyprus to US East/Mid/West path, though it
could be argued that the reciprocal of the US to Europe stats would
probably not be far off.

Which Force12 numbers don't you accept? C-31 stack spacings?

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org