Index Thread Archive Jul-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Jul-2002Index by Author for Jul-2002Index by Date for Jul-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C31XR Stacks
Author: Guy Olinger, K2AV <k2av@contesting.com>
Date: 29-Jul-2002 22:07:43
With the arrival of the EZNEC/4 program, I decided to take the time to
rerun my stacking study for the C31XR's.

Short version, NEC-4 shows slightly less variance as NEC-2, but
similar results.

The larger spacings do increase 20m gain to a point, but have
artifacts in the 15m and 10m patterns.

Someone whose tower guys force the use of 30'-35' spacing should not
be upset. The so-called 45-50 foot optimum is only so on one band. But
you can draw your own inferences. You should view the table using a
fixed font on your mail program.

================================

Antenna: Force 12 C31XR, two-stack.
Dimensions: owner's manual, actual constructed dimensions

Feed configuration: Separate feed configuration & 15m DE position used
for simplicity. Unused DE's shorted across for each band run.

Calculation Engine: NEC-4d
Shell: EZNEC/4
Segment density: 1002 overall.

Run freqs: 14.05, 14.175, 14.3;
21.05, 21.225, 21.4;
28.05, 28.5, 29.5
Notation: Gain-dbi@degrees elev (f/b)
* not meaningful
[] see notes below
=================================

Runs at 95/64 over ground (31' separation)
20m 15m 10m
low 15.68@12(25) 16.87@8(16) 17.39@6(20)
mid 15.72@12(21) 17.10@8(14) 18.31@6(18)
high 15.72@11(17) 17.25@8(12) 15.50@6(17)

Runs at 95/60 over ground (35' separation)
20m 15m 10m
low 15.83@12(24) 16.89@8(17) 17.37@6(22)
mid 15.84@12(18) 17.24@8(18) 18.30@6(20)
high 15.82@12(15) 17.49@8(13) 15.31@6(*)[1]

Runs at 102/57 over ground (45' separation)
20m 15m 10m
low 16.07@11(15) 16.76@8(*) [1] 17.17@6(28)[2]
mid 16.05@11(13) 17.15@8(20)[1] 18.01@6(26)[2]
high 16.04@11(12) 17.43@8(14) 15.19@6(*) [3]

Runs at 110/55 over ground (55' separation)
20m 15m 10m
low 15.84@11(13)[1] 16.47@7(*)[1,3] 16.82@5(28)[2]
mid 15.96@10(15)[1] 16.81@7(18)[3] 17.66@5(22)[2]
high 16.04@10(10)[1] 17.06@7(15)[3] 15.27@5(27)[2]