Index Thread Archive Aug-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Aug-2002Index by Author for Aug-2002Index by Date for Aug-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: VE1JF stack performance (re: thread on C31 stacks)
Author: WD4K <WD4K_1@Bellsouth.net>
Date: 05-Aug-2002 09:25:23
Not much data yet to report but the three stack of C31's at WD4K are now up
and operating. A small effort in the Naqp let us know that they were infact
working. They were wired about an hour before the test so I am charting the
swr's etc now and will report soon. I can report that the top C31, which is
between a Mag340N and a 180B rotatable dipole appears to be perfect with no
interaction from either 8' away, spaced antennas. This is exactly what Tom
and Natan predicted! The stack is C31@35 tic, C31@75 special sidemount
rotor, Mag340N at 110', C31@ 117, 180B@ 124'. The next few weeks should
yield some good data. One of my C31's is an early model, one is 3 yrs old
and one is new. The new one is at the top and it was perfect, plug and play
right out of the box. Initial charting of it's swr was excellent, just like
my other two. The Mag340N also seems at this time to be almost flat for the
entire 40M band. Kudos to F12. More precise data to follow soon. 73, Tommy
WD4K