Index Thread Archive Aug-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Aug-2002Index by Author for Aug-2002Index by Date for Aug-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: SV: [Force 12 Talk] Comments Please
Author: Henrik Weiss <ozling@mail.dk>
Date: 06-Aug-2002 15:41:12
Todd,
I have the 5 BA which exceeds my expectations by any measure. I use to have
monoband yagis for 10,15 and 20 Mtrs but it was too much hazzle and
maintenance. The 5 BA is as you know without traps and other lossy
components and it is very very easy to assemble once you get the hang of it.
It took me only three hours to assemble the 5BA with its 15 elements and
three art boom. It has been up for 4 months at 31 mtrs ( 100 ft ) below my
force12 240 / 230 yagi at 115 ft. and I get reports on long haul dx that
superseed most other stations. Very easy to work with in pileups and I have
not experienced difficulties getting through pileups on the higher bands in
day time despite the relatively high height compared to the wavelenght (a
bit too low radiation angle).

The 5 BA is according to my knowledge force12´s best 5 bander maybe except
for the c49xr which I dont know !!

In any case I think you will get maximum performance (for whatever that may
mean) out of any force 12 yagi.

Good luck.

Henrik
OZ1ING (OZØR)