Index Thread Archive Sep-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2002Index by Author for Sep-2002Index by Date for Sep-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Rotator comparisons for Force 12 Antennas
Author: James W. Fisher, Jr. <74237.2073@compuserve.com>
Date: 03-Sep-2002 09:27:29
I use an OR2800 on my top C51XRN, with F12 HD cradle.. Satisfied with that
choice. Go with a 3" mast and leave plenty of mast between the thrust
bearing and the rotator. We also drilled some extra holes and installed
extra bolts in the bottom. Am using a sheer pin (5/8", I think) through
the rotator in the spot for it. No sheer pin in the cradle but over
several years that hasn't been the place where slipping occurred--was in
the rotator when I had a 2" mast which was a mistake. With the 2" mast, it
broke 2 sheer pins. Pix at www.force12inc.com/customer stacks and at
www.ve1jf.com (site under construction but home page and "QSL" page contain
info you might find relevant.

The C51XRN has performed great on all bands.

GL es 73,

Jim

07-Sep-2002 Dave Kaiser
04-Sep-2002 Scott Neader KA9FOX
03-Sep-2002 James Hall
03-Sep-2002 Steve Kline
03-Sep-2002 James W. Fisher, Jr.
* 03-Sep-2002 James W. Fisher, Jr.
03-Sep-2002 Cliff Bond
This Author (Sep-2002)
  Subject   Date
Rotator comparisons for Force 12 Antennas 03-Sep-2002
* Rotator comparisons for Force 12 Antennas 03-Sep-2002