Index Thread Archive Sep-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2002Index by Author for Sep-2002Index by Date for Sep-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Rotator comparisons for Force 12 Antennas
Author: James Hall <nwtncc@iswt.com>
Date: 03-Sep-2002 17:52:03
Steve:

Do you use manual control (program 9) alot on your rotator controller or
computer control (program 19) ?? I have found that using computer
control is much better about this. When using manual control, I have
observed a momentary speed up of the azimuth readings that do not
correlate with what is actually happening on the tower - therefore, you
end up reprogramming the controller for acurracy every few days. With
computer control this does not happen.

Jamie
WB4YDL

On Tuesday, September 3, 2002, at 05:39 PM, Steve Kline wrote:

> Cliff,
>
> I use an Orion M2 2800 rotator on a 72 ft US Tower CrankUp and 20 ft of
> 3"
> chrome-moly mast. The rotator turns my MAGNUM-240 and C-31XR with
> ease. No
> mechanical problems since I installed the configuration 18 months ago.
> However, I have had continuing re-occurring electronic problems witht
> the M2
> 2800 loosing its memory everytime there is a power outage or I turn the
> control box off. What happens is that it will run up against the
> mechanical
> switch limits inside the rotator and the control box gets confused
> until I
> reprogram it - then everthing is all right again until the power goes
> off
> once again or I turn the control box off. I have not found much
> information
> or reports of this type problem from anyone else using the rotator.
> But I
> have not been able to isolate the problem with my particular unit.
>
> Mechanically it seems excellent.
>
> Good Luck,
> Steve - W5JK

07-Sep-2002 Dave Kaiser
04-Sep-2002 Scott Neader KA9FOX
* 03-Sep-2002 James Hall
03-Sep-2002 Steve Kline
03-Sep-2002 James W. Fisher, Jr.
03-Sep-2002 James W. Fisher, Jr.
03-Sep-2002 Cliff Bond
This Author (Sep-2002)
  Subject   Date
* Rotator comparisons for Force 12 Antennas 03-Sep-2002