Index Thread Archive Sep-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2002Index by Author for Sep-2002Index by Date for Sep-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3 Rivets
Author: K7LXC@aol.com <K7LXC@aol.com>
Date: 11-Sep-2002 07:36:50
In a message dated 9/10/02 9:23:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
wa2bpe@infoblvd.net writes:

> I do not have much acquaintance with the Force 12 products, but am
wondering
> if the pop rivits shipped
> with a new beam are the closed end (sealed) type. This could explain
*some*
> of the cost differential.
> Anyone know for sure??

I don't know the exact nomenclature but the rivets F12 uses are different
than the ones you get at the hardware store. As I recall, they are the kind
where the mandrel pulls out; on the common ones from the hardware store you
just break the mandrel off. I don't know any of the mechanical differences
but Tom definitely made a choice to use them and not the common variety.

Cheers,
Steve K7LXC
TOWER TECH

11-Sep-2002 Dale L Martin