Index Thread Archive Sep-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2002Index by Author for Sep-2002Index by Date for Sep-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: EF-420H assembly questions
Author: K9AJ <mcgirr@interaccess.com>
Date: 11-Sep-2002 21:35:12
Hello All,

Sorry if I'm addressing questions that have been asked before, but I'm a
newcomer to this list and after three phone calls and two e-mails to Force
12, I have not been able to get answers to my questions:

-----
Dear Tom,

I'm assembling a EF-420H antenna, and have several questions:

1. The antenna was supplied with two bags of rivets: 110-Long &
48-Small. 110 divided by four elements does not give an equal number of
long rivets per element. At what point on the elements do I switch from
long to small? I'm afraid if I use too many of the long ones on the first
two or three elements, I won't have enough for the last element.

2. There was a packet of Noalox compound supplied with antenna, but also a
packet of a copper colored compound. The instructions address the use of
Noalox, but don't mention the copper colored compound.
(looks like the stuff I used on my PolyPhaser bulkhead project, but there's
no Cu-Cu joints in this antenna).

3. I bought a Force12 5kw balun along w/ the EF-420H. This balun is a
unit potted in a ABS box. The instructions say to mount the balun on a
plate of aluminum or polycarbonate using appropriate U-bolts. I don't have
any of these parts here, do carry these in your inventory?
-----

Thanks all,

73's....Mike/K9AJ

12-Sep-2002 K9AJ
12-Sep-2002 WD4K
12-Sep-2002 N2TK
12-Sep-2002 K7LXC@aol.com
* 11-Sep-2002 K9AJ
This Author (Sep-2002)
  Subject   Date
EF-420H assembly questions 12-Sep-2002
* EF-420H assembly questions 11-Sep-2002