Index Thread Archive Sep-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2002Index by Author for Sep-2002Index by Date for Sep-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: C3E Separation
Author: Guy Olinger, K2AV <k2av@contesting.com>
Date: 18-Sep-2002 19:32:09
Short answers:

1) Antennas should always be separated by the most space available
practically, consistent with height needs.

2) In your case, you will do better than other combinations since
neither antenna contains outright resonances on the other's bands.

3) Orient both booms in the same direction to start.

4) Use PEFORMANCE and results, not minor SWR perturbations, to gage
your success. SWR can tell lies.

5) A vertical tower section will have no significant effect on a
horizontal yagi. HOWEVER, close metallic guy wires WILL cause
problems.

73, Guy.