Index Thread Archive Sep-2002 Archive Send
 Main index   Previous in threadNext in thread   Previous in archiveNext in archive   Index by Subject for Sep-2002Index by Author for Sep-2002Index by Date for Sep-2002   Index by Subject for ArchiveIndex by Author for ArchiveIndex by Date for Archive   Reply to messageNew message

Subject: Sigma 80 / Relay Box Problems
Author: Rick Tavan <tavan@tibco.com>
Date: 27-Sep-2002 20:43:39
Just put up a Sigma 80 for tuning at about 25'. Eventually it will be at
75 or 80'. Two problems so far:

1) The relay box is supposed to add 40 kHz for in-mode switching and 275
kHz for Cw/SSB switching. Mine seems to be adding roughly 100 kHz and
350 kHz using an MFJ analyzer (and nearly 1:1 SWR). Any suggestions?

2) With the relays open (coils in the circuit) I adjusted the main coils
for resonance at about 3520. Listening, I hear a clear band noise peak
around there. If I transmit even a single dash at 20w or more, the SWR
needle on the xcvr hits the pin and the band noise goes away ... for 12
seconds! Then it comes back. This is quite repeatable. In fact, just
listening for a few minutes, the band noise seems to ebb and flow quite
noticeably. But the change on xmit is quite pronounced. It seems as if
something is acting capacitively and then discharging. Weird. Any thoughts?

73,

Rick N6XI

28-Sep-2002 James Hall
* 27-Sep-2002 Rick Tavan
This Author (Sep-2002)
  Subject   Date
* Sigma 80 / Relay Box Problems 27-Sep-2002